Details of operations carried out by the Mechanical Branch
- Servicing, repairing and maintenance of vehicles allotted to every office-bearer at Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation, vehicles at Vehicle Pool and vehicles of Fire Branch.
- Insurance, R.T.O. Passing, registration-related operations of all vehicles owned by Vehicle pool.
- All work-related to tender process for the procurement of new vehicles and machineries.
- Prepared technical specifications of items/equipment related to fabrication as per the requirement of Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation, got approval, and all the work related to the tender process for purchase.
- City bus service are managed by GMC including tendering with related work of correspondence with GSRTC and Government.
- Fabrication related work and installation and repairing of necessary equipment at the vehicle pool owned by Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation.
- Repair work of all mechanical equipment are carried out.
- Verification of monthly bill of different make/model vehicles given under the contract of “Operation and Maintenance” of Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation and performance of visit as per requirement.
- Procurement of tires, batteries, oil-lubricants, etc. as required for all make/model vehicles of the officers, vehicle pool, and fire branch as well as operation of tire-puncture.
- Payment of monthly bill of petrol-diesel issued in each vehicle sent from Vehicle pool and Fire Branch.
- Disposal of every vehicle scrapped by Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation by auction.
- Sector -28 Balodhyana owned mini-train-repair operations.
- Clarification of technical matters of Mechanical and Vehicle pool branch at Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation and other operations related to the branch.